Friday, 8 March 2013

New Dress and I Knitted Something!

Dress from Dorothy Perkins Petite, Shoes from Peacocks



Not sure what has happened to the side of my face here (I think it was the light) looks like someone bit a chunk out of my cheek haha
I just realised that this is the first outfit post I have done in what feels like ages! I got this dress new today from Dorothy Perkins Petite section (from the website, they also had 20% off selected Petite dresses so it was a real bargain). I actually bought it with summer in mind (it will look so pretty with some tan wedges and a denim jacket) but seeing as it is absolutely freezing at the moment and we have snow forecast (again!!) I have had to wear it with my trusty Primark 100 denier tights (I really don't know how I would survive through winter without them!!) Wow how many brackets did I just use in that paragraph (quite a lot!) Lol.

There's not too much to update you on, I have worked my arse off all week (Work is depressingly stressy) but I suppose the main news/feature of my week is that the boiler broke again! We had a man out to fix it but within a few hours of him leaving it leaked again, booo blooody hooo. We have had so many problems with it and have just had to accept we need a new one so I have to take the day off work on Monday for the man to come round and install us a new one. It is going to cost us a small fortune, I can think of so many better ways to spend that money too. Mr Bertie has managed to do something to it which means we can keep the heating on until the new one comes (handy in this weather!) but we have no running hot water until Monday. Luckily we have an electric shower so we can still get hot water through that for a shower and for everything else we have a kettle I guess. I usually have a bubble bath every single night (indulgent I know, but hey what can I say, I like to live like a princess haha) and I was craving one so badly tonight (the water has been off since Wednesday) that Mr Bertie kindly switched the hot water back on so I could run one. This has resulted in a load more water leaking out, we did put a bucket under it and towels on the floor but we still have some clearing up to do. It was definitely worth it though, I feel so much better and all relaxed now ready for my weekend.

Speaking of the weekend, I am glad it is here but I don't really have all that much planned.  We are having a DVD and chocolate (for me) and beer (for Mr Bertie) night tonight. Tomorrow I am doing my usual weekend cleaning session and some knitting (I am really getting into it at the moment much to the dismay of Mr Bertie) and then tomorrow night Mr Bertie is going out so I will probably find a girly film to watch or catch up on reading some blogs. On Sunday we are taking my Mum out for afternoon tea for Mother's Day at a lovely vintage tea shop in my town. I can't wait, I haven't seen my Mum in a month as she has been in New Zealand on holiday and also I have been wanting to try this place out for ages. I will take some photos and let you know what it is like :)

So how has everyone elses week been? What are you up to this weekend, do you have plans for mothers day if you are in the UK? Also check out this cardigan/jacket thing I knitted, I didn't use a pattern so the dimensions are a little off (and also the reason I didn't do a proper neckline) but it is the first thing I have knitted so I am really chuffed with myself. It is too small for a baby but it fits on my Steiff teddy bear, it makes him look like he is wearing a dressing gown hahah. What do you think to my first attempt? I am now working on a full sized adults cardigan working from a proper pattern this time, wish me luck!

PS, I just realised this is my 100th post on this blog, woo go me, I never imagined I would last this long with it!


34 comments:

  1. Bummer about your heat! Look at the sweater, you must feel so accomplished! Way to go!
    Ginny
    mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 100th post! How fun!

    Also, I love the print on your dress. The sweater you knitted is darling. Sorry to hear about the bioler, that's a bummber but glad you are having a relaxing evening watching DVD's, what are you guys going to watch?

    xoxo
    Mags
    http://magsmind22.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the sweet comments on my blog today! You must have been catching up on blogs today too! :) I love your dress it is so beautiful! I can't wait to see it in the summer time too! I'm glad you stayed this long for your 100th blog and hopefully a lot longer too!! :)What a cute date night idea, chocolate, beer, and a movie. Sounds like most nights with my boyfriend. Haha! Have a great weekend beautiful girl! Awesome job on the knitting!!!

    ClassyInAClassroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your dress! The colours and cut are fabulous!

    Have a great weekend!
    Kate xo petite-adventures.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, good job on the knitting! You'll make those cute shorts before you know it! Plus I really like the low back on the dress. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute dress. And happy to know you are knitting. I was watching Julie and Julia the last night and thought to myself that wow nobody really blogs about personal things anymore. It has all become formal and professional. But here I am, I stumbled on this post and guess what I am happy to read that story. Though feel sorry for the boiler and you missing the bubble bath. But Monday off can be a good thing right... sort of like an extended weekend. You plans sound relaxed yet exciting.

    Swati @ The Creative Bent

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving that dress m'dear <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pics, I really like your make up, too :) The cardigan you knitted looks so cute! Can´t wait to see more of your work :)
    xx
    www.clothesandcamera.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a super cute dress, the bow detail is perfect.

    Txx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dress is nice. Stop buying things from the small humans section because it means I cannot copy you.

    Having no hot water is a nightmare. It has happened to us several times in this pooey house. Hopefully tonight you can have a bath with no leakage. YES!

    Knit me something. It's my birthday.

    G'day =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the dress, it is so pretty and I like how it is lower at the back. This post totally reminds me that I should get back into knitting because I enjoy that a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your new dress, so pretty and I like the low back. How annoying about your boiler, hope it gets fixed soon!

    I've been enjoying the progress of your knitting on instagram!

    Lx

    www.whatlisawrote.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. TAAAAAG ;) Janine, you're tagged in the Procrastinating Beauty Bloggers Tag ;D
    Here's the link

    Xxx
    Lucy
    http://luceindia.blogspot.com.au/2013/03/the-procrastinating-beauty-bloggers-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hiii! How are you? Argh that's such a pain about your boiler, I'm glad you have heating though would be horrible without it in this weather (even though it's supposed to be Spring!) Hope you had a lovely Mother's Day with your mum and good luck with your knitting! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute dress, love the print c:
    Yay for the 100th post!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your 100th post! You look great. Love that dress.
    Love your sweater too!!! :)
    FASHION PANACHE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww you poor girl, showers just do not compare to baths, very poor substitutes indeed! Love the pretty print on your dress, and I'm with you on the thick tights....living in those atm! Can we PLEASE see a pic of your Steiff ted, modelling your fab knit? :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a pretty look! I love it! Darling blog!

    adventure-on.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this spring dress and congrats on 100 posts!

    http://momwifebosslife.blogspot.ca

    xx Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww, you look so pretty in that dress, it really suits you, and yup it will be perfect for summer... if it ever gets here!! I can't believe it's march and its been snowing and there is frost on the ground this morning, all the pretty daisies that had come up are all shrivelled with cold!

    Also, I love your knitted creation, I would so love to learn, is it difficult? And did you teach yourself or someone else? I'm trying to work out if it's something I could learn myself

    Helen

    www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your dress so cool to wear it. How can I get this?

    Sevenwholesale @ wholesale zoo york

    ReplyDelete
  22. your not only beautiful but so talented amazing!!!! Gorgeous dress

    http://fashion-a-holic.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. this is really cute! love your blog! would you be so kind as to check out mine? would be an honour!
    Its fashion Damnit
    thank you!
    lottie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. This dress look so cute on you - the back detailing is gorgeous!

    http://forcailini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. This dress is so cute - love your hair!

    Now following on GFC and would be great to get a follow back :)

    Be great if you could check out my two latest sports luxe outfit posts. Which is your favourite? beauty post on BOY London | Sports Luxe Outfit 1 OR Celine Paris | Sports Luxe Outfit 2 ?

    Thanks! Charlie xx LurchHoundLoves.com | UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks gorgeous on you and the black knitted belt actually made an accent on how beautiful the dress is on you! :)

    affordable shopping

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's great that you are in such a good place now and have lots of lovely people around you! All the best for 2013! :)Most Beautiful Girls

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment :)

If you have any questions or want a specific reply please email me at bakeglueandtrend@gmail.com